Summit Brewing Company is seeking part-time Brewery Ambassadors with a passion for Summit beer and brewing. A Summit Brewing Company Brewery Ambassador provides entertaining, informative public tours to our guests. Our Brewery Ambassadors also serve beer in our beer hall for public tours, during beer hall hours, and for private evening events. This position reports to the Beer Hall Coordinator.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTCOMES
- Usher in each guest experience with enthusiasm and information about Summit’s history, brand, and product.
- Provide a welcoming environment to guests by maintaining strict standards for cleanliness, guest service and beer knowledge.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the brewery’s Beer Hall, patio, bathrooms and gift shop.
- Report problems and needs to Beer Hall and Events Supervisor.
- Conduct entertaining and informative brewery tours for up to 100 guests.
- Guide guests through the brewery in a safe and timely manner.
- Collect payment for guest purchases in the gift shop and Beer Hall.
- Pour samples of beer after tours and during Beer Hall hours.
- Support and help other Ambassadors and other staff when needed.
- Check guest IDs and adhere to standards of alcohol service.
- Perform routine tasks including, but not limited to: Bus tables, wash glassware, change kegs, empty trash, and set up/take down seasonal patio accessories.
- Adhere to all Summit policies, processes and standards in order to maintain a safe and welcoming work environment for self, co-workers, vendors, and guests.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Beer Hall Coordinator and/or Brewery Ambassador Leads.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledgeable and/or willing to learn about Summit Brewing Company, brewing and packaging processes, and beer styles and characteristics.
- Excellent presentation and customer service skills.
- TIPS or SALES certification strongly preferred.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol according to state law.
- Consistent availability to work a minimum of eight (8) shifts per month, with shifts typically occurring:
- Saturday 11:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday–Friday 1:30-10:00 p.m.
- Able to stand for the length of work shift, up to eight hours
- Able to work in conditions typical of an office, including quiet to moderately loud environments, as well as conditions typical of a manufacturing environment (cool, warm, or hot, humid or wet, etc.), and moderate to loud environments.
- Able to frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 160 pounds.
Summit Brewing Company offers part-time employees some employee benefits (such as an employee discount) and a creative and collaborative work culture that focuses on quality beer, quality work, and contributing to our greater community.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Reference job requisition number #128. No phone calls please.